Office of Global Engagement Scholarship
Students who study abroad during spring, summer or fall are eligible to apply for scholarship funding through Clemson Abroad and our partnerships with third party providers. Students participating on programs through Arcadia, CISAbroad, Lorenzo de Medici, University of Nicosia, and USAC can compete for funding through this application. There is a limited amount of funding available for students studying abroad on faculty-directed or exchange programs. Depending on number, quality, and need of applicants, it is anticipated that award amounts will range between $100 to $1,000 each.
SOURCE OF SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS
Most award funds come from our partnering third-party providers and are awarded to Clemson students participating in their programs. These providers are: Arcadia, CISAbroad, Lorenzo de Medici, University of Nicosia, and USAC.
The Traveling Tigers Fund: This fund helps students gain international experience vital to success in today's interconnected world. 100% of all gifts go directly to students. Gifts can be made online through the development office's secure system
To be eligible for consideration, an applicant must:
- Be a currently enrolled Clemson University degree-seeking student
- Have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Apply to study abroad for a full semester or at least 4 weeks in the summer through one of the following programs:
- Arcadia, CISAbroad, Lorenzo de Medici, University of Nicosia, or USAC
- "Give something back" to the campus and/or community either while abroad (ex: blogging, volunteering, writing a Tiger article, etc.) or the semester of return (ex: writing a Tiger article, holding a presentation or information session, applying as a Clemson Abroad intern, etc.).
Funds are limited, and these are competitive scholarships. Where the number of applicants exceeds available funds, awards will be made on the basis of academic merit, financial need, and quality of essay. Clemson Abroad reserves the right to award any or all of the available funds. In some instances, funds may be reserved and be awarded in a subsequent semester. Award recipients will be notified approximately 3 weeks after the application deadlines.